Routine health maintenance exams are an important part of staying well. During these exams, your health-care provider will review your past medical history, family history, social history and may inquire about your diet and exercise habits.
Depending on your age and risk factors, your provider may also order cholesterol, diabetes and thyroid screening tests. An electrocardiogram (EKG), colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, mammogram and bone density tests are recommended when necessary, are as certain immunizations.
- Children exams are done on patients from 1 day old to 18 years of age.
- Men’s Health Physicals (including prostate cancer screening or colon cancer screening depending on age and risk factors)
- Women’s Physicals (Including PAP smear and breast exams if necessary)
- Medicare and Senior Citizen health maintenance exams usually start at age 65.
- High School Sports Physicals, Boy Scout Physicals (extra charges may apply)
- DMV Physicals, Adoption Physicals (extra charges may apply)