Rancho Family Medical Group Physicians are available to authorize prescription renewals for our patients when appropriate.
Do You Need a Prescription Refill?
- Call your pharmacy 4-5 days before you run out. If you use a mail order (3 month supply) service (ie. Express-Scripts, RX Solutions), contact them at least 1-2 weeks prior.
- Ask your pharmacist to send us a prescription refill request electronically instead of by fax. Once received by us, your physician may authorize a refill, if appropriate.
- Login to your patient portal and submit a request for a refill.
- If you have not been seen by your physician recently, refills may be denied, especially if you have high blood pressure or diabetes. Blood tests and physical may be advised.
- Please allow 72 business hours for responses to all refill requests.
- Those with diabetes should be seen every 3 to 6 months
- Those with high blood pressure (hypertension) should be seen at least every 6 months or less
- Those with thyroid conditions should be seen at least once per year.
- Those with controlled substance prescriptions need a follow up appointment at least every 3 months.