Since 1942, we have been serving the south Riverside community with quality healthcare. While we are the largest family practice group in the area, each of our doctors and locations maintain a personal connection with their patients. If you are ready to join the family, click the link below or schedule an appointment.
WE OFFER A WIDE VARIETY OF SERVICES TO OUR PATIENTS. BELOW ARE JUST A FEW. IF YOU DO NOT SEE WHAT YOU NEED, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Routine health maintenance exams are an important part of staying well. During these exams, your health-care provider will review your past medical history, family history, social history and may inquire about your diet and exercise habits.
Depending on your age and risk factors, your provider may also order cholesterol, diabetes and thyroid screening tests. An electrocardiogram (EKG), colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, mammogram and bone density tests are recommended when necessary, are as certain immunizations.
- Children exams are done on patients from 1 day old to 18 years of age.
- Men’s Health Physicals (including prostate cancer screening or colon cancer screening depending on age and risk factors)
- Women’s Physicals (Including PAP smear and breast exams if necessary)
- Medicare and Senior Citizen health maintenance exams usually start at age 65.
- High School Sports Physicals, Boy Scout Physicals (extra charges may apply)
- DMV Physicals, Adoption Physicals (extra charges may apply)
- Colon cancer screening with flexible sigmoidoscopy and fecal occult blood testing. We refer out to local specliasts for colonoscopy screening exams
- PAP smears, breast exams, colposcopies are done by healthcare providers at Rancho Family Medical Group. Mammogram referrals may also be provided during your health maintenance exam
- Digital prostate exams and PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood testing as recommended by guidelines
- Skin cancer exams, biospies and treament when indicated.
- Blood tests for cancer screening, as deemed necessary by your physician/healthcare provider
Routine EKGs are performed on-site at all locations by nurses and trained medical assistants. Cardiac Exercise Stress tests are also conducted in the Temecula office by some of our trained family physicians when medically appropriate. If cardiology referral is necessary, we will refer when appropriate.
Family Physicians are trained to provide complete skin evaluations, biopsies and treatment. When neccessary, we also refer to local dermatologists. Some of the services we provide, but are not limited to, the following:
- Skin cancer screening
- Acne treatment
- Skin lesion biopsies using either punch biopsy or a scalpel
- Lipoma (benign fatty tumor) dianosis and removal
- Treatment of common skin cancers
- Removal and treatment of common skin cancers such as basal cell carcinoma
- Skin Tag removal (may not be covered by insurance)
- Liquid nitrogen treatment for pre-cancerous skin lesions
Quest Diagnostics has over half dozen labs in Southwest Riverside and Fallbrook. Some labs are open on Saturday morning for your convenience.
We recommend you visit the Quest Website to schedule your blood test. This will ensure you get your blood test in a timely fashion while minimizing your wait time.
Need to Fast? We recommend going before breakfast. Water, Black Coffee or unsweatened tea is ok to have the morning of your test.
Visit the Quest Website for a complete list of locations.
When it comes to having a baby, Rancho Family Medical Group understands the importance of making sure you and your baby are in good hands.
Patients of Rancho Family Medical Group have two options when it comes to prenatal care.
First, Dr. Tae Im, a Board Certified Family Physician at Rancho Family Medical Group, provides full obstetrical services and newborn care for our patients. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, almost 3 in 10 babies are delivered by a Family Doctor Nationwide. On the West Coast, that number is even higher.
Second, some patients may prefer to be referred to a local obstetrician. If this is your choice, make an appointment with your primary medical doctor and ask for a referral. We will refer you to a local ob/gyn group in the Temecula Valley. For more information about who we refer to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
X-ray examinations are available on site by Temecula Valley Imaging and are conducted by registered radiology technicians. If needed, your physician will review your x-ray immediately and then will have a final report available once read by a board-certified radiologist.
Rancho Family Medical Group provides immediate attention to the illnesses and injuries of sport enthusiasts, whether they be high-performance athletes or “weekend warriors.”
Over the years, Rancho Family Medical Group physicians have served as team physicians for several local high school football games.
We routinely do pre-participation sports physicals for students participating in community, high school or collegiate sports.
Rancho Family Medical Group works closely with Rancho Physical Therapy and others (i.e Walker Physical Therapy in Menifee) to help you get the extra attention and treatment you need to help your sports injury recover.
Our providers provides a full range of services for women of all ages needing complete health and gynecological care.
- Contraception, including IUD (intrauterine devices) and injections.
- PAP testing for cervical cancer done during complete physical exams
- Breast exams (done by our physicians or nurse practitiioners)
- Mammogram and ultrasound referrals if needed
- Health education and counseling which is age appropriate
- Menopause evaluation and blood testing is available to determine your hormone levels if necessary
Depending your symptoms of menopause, some women may chose to be treated with hormone replacement therapy. While conjugated estrogens (such as premarin or prempro) are commonly used, some of our healthcare practitioners also prescribe bio-identical hormone replacement therapy for patients interested in alternatives.
Physicians at Rancho Family Medical Group have been doing vasectomies in the Temecula Valley (Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Lake Elsinore and surrounding areas) for over 30 years. Our safety record and success have created an excellent reputation within the Temecula, Menifee and Murrieta communities.
Our physicians perform the No-Scalpel Vasectomy under local anesthesia. This surgical technique was devised in 1974 by Dr. Li Shunqiang of China. The No-Scalpel Vasectomy has less pain and less complications associated with it, such as infections and bleeding. The procedure usually takes around 30 minutes and is done under local anesthesia. No scalpel, knife or stitches are used during this procedure to ensure maximal patient comfort.